Sunday 29 April 2007

5 DAYS TO GO !!!

Hello, just 5 days to go to voting day. I think by now 99% of houses will have received my leaflet whether delivered by my own hand or not. I have tried to cover as many houses aspossible myself but had to depend on helpers to get around all. I have had so many interesting and helpful conversations with so many people so thankyou if anyof you read this.
There are certainly plenty of issues to tackle both big and peerie. Lack of housing seems to be a biggee in most areas as is transport and education. Social Care is on most peoples lips as in need of maintaining and indeed some great ideas coming out as to what the Council needs to build to cope as well as find staff to provide the service.
Roads state in some parts are being highlighted and road safety is very much to the forefront both in built up areas and the rural stretches.

Been at the kirk dis moarning ... alot of people at a joint service for Whiteness, Weisdale , Tingwall, Scalloway and Burra. Always does me good to see a fairly full kirk and take part in such good singing.

Fine day but having a day away from canvassing. The voters probably glad of a day of peace too as having been approached by so many of us over last few days.

Mind and vote......the right wye!!

No comments: